Love Wilmington? INto photography?
Whether you’re a professional or simply love to casually snap pics, we want you to help us gather the best images showing Wilmington IN the Best Light! Who knows, your images just may end up on public display during the Wilmington IN the Best Light exhibition at the Delaware Contemporary on September 9th. You also could snag some great prizes along the way, like concert tickets and restaurant gift cards. If you end up the ultimate Grand Prize winner, you’ll even get your very own art exhibition during a future installment of Wilmington’s Art on the Town!
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be releasing a series of hashtags, each one with a different theme – we want to see all of the reasons YOU love Wilmington!
- #OneLoveinWilm (July 25th – 31st)Show us Love and Unity IN Wilmington! The first 10 people to post pics with the hashtag #OneLoveinWilm will win a pair of tickets to The People’s Festival on Saturday, July 30th
- #MusicinWilm (August 1st – 7th) We want to see you or a musician/band getting #inTune IN Wilmington!
- #GNOinWilm (August 8th – 14th) Girls night out? Let’s see you out and about in Wilmington!
- #SummerinWilm (August 15th – 21st) Show us you soakIN’ up the summer sun in Wilmington!
- #EatsinWilm (August 22nd – 28th) Ready to #DigIN? Share a pic of your favorite food spots (or dishes) in Wilmington!
- #BeautyinWilm (August 29th – Sept. 4th) Architectural, portrait, lifestyle – it doesn’t matter what, give us your most beautiful and artistic pic of Wilmington!
Participating is simple. Just share a photo related to the theme of that week using the designated hashtag on social media. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts are eligible, and the top photos each week (determined by likes/favorites) will make it into the exhibition Wilmington IN the Best Light competition happening on September 9th at The Delaware Contemporary, plus, the most popular photo across all three platforms will win that week’s announced prize. Winners announced every Monday.
For the final contest, #BeautyinWilm, not only will the top 3 images be exhibited, but we’ll also throw another 17 IN the mix determined by Wilmington’s own Joe del Tufo of Moonloop Photography, plus additional judges to be announced.
On the evening of September 9th, a team of celebrity judges, combined with audience vote, will help determine the top photographer who will win a future exhibition on Art on the Town, plus an entertainment package from Wilmington partners!
Images must be taken IN Wilmington!
You must also use the Hashtag #LoveWilm as well as the specific hashtag for that week’s contest.
You must tag one of the following accounts when posting your photo so we can keep track of entries:
InWilmington Twitter (we have a live music feed too!)
By entering this contest, you grant InWilmington and the City of Wilmington rights to use the image for future promotional purposes
Make sure your photo posts are set to public. We’ll be encouraging everyone to search for the hashtags and vote for their favorites. If your images can’t be seen, you’ll miss out on votes!
- Be sure to bookmark this page and follow #WilmINtheBestLight on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updated giveaway details each week, including random giveaways!
- Submit on multiple platforms to increase your chances of winning!
July 25th – 31st
Show us Love and Unity IN Wilmington!
The first 10 people to post pics with the hashtag #OneLoveinWilm
will win a pair of tickets to The People’s Festival on Saturday, July 30th
Photo courtesy of David Mielcarek.
David is a talented photographer who has captured Wilmington in a new light. Please support his family as his lovely wife battles breast cancer.
You can show your support by sharing his story, or giving a donation.
Thank you, David.